Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Static Park Questionnaire 09 - Ultimo Mondo Cannibale

 Ultimo Mondo Cannibale

01 What is your name / age / nationality ?

Jason Campbell / 40 / Canadian

02 How did you get into noise ?

I found noise by tape trading "metal" music with Pierre-Marc Tremblay of Ames Sanglantes. He sent me one of his first tapes, and also dubbed me some Knurl and Merzbow cd's. Around the same time, I was buying tapes of shitnoise/noisecore from Dan of Deche-Charge. These two I thank for my noise obsession today.

03 How did you choose the name of your project / What does it mean to you ?

Names and meanings i have no comment, as I have had at least 15 projects since 1997 'til present.

04 Which one of your releases would make the best entry point into your work ?

Funeral Home c90 for best entry point.


05 How do you record ? (live, sequencing, multi-tracking etc..)

I use field recordings only now as a sound source, and manipulate them into globs of messy harsh noise. Multi-track tape recorder for recording, 3 DOD Death Metals, and adobe audition cc for any mastering before recording onto tape.

06 What is your favorite piece of gear ?

DOD Death Metal.

07 Do you play live ? How is it different from your releases ?

No live shows yet, maybe in the future.

08 Who would you like to collab / make a split with ?

I would love to split with Incapacitants !

09 Do you listen to other types of sound/music ? Which ones ?

At the moment, I listen to mostly harsh noise, hnw, dark ambient, but I also love Indian classical music, as well as finding weird releases such as funeral ritual music from africa.

10 What is your favorite record at the moment ?

Everything by Sleep Column!


Here are some of Ultimo Mondo Cannibale's latest digital releases :


and Jason's Facebook page is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment