Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Static Park Questionnaire 07 - Ecoute La Merde

Ecoute La Merde
 
01 What is your name / age / nationality ?

Vivian / 25 / French

02 How did you get into noise ?

Via the mighty French grind label (now dead) called Human Circus Records, which was also the house of Vulgar Nausea. First catching some grindcore stuff, then going deeper into noisecore / harshnoise and a research always calls another one, and that's it.

03 How did you choose the name of your project / What does it mean to you ?

ECOUTE LA MERDE was the title of an album from ROMPRAI ETRON, who was one of the first person I got in touch with when I began making noise in 2005. The sense of it is always evolving, from the basic provocative / humoristic meaning to the decalrations of Antonin Artaud at his most schizophrenic.

04 Which one of your releases would make the best entry point into your work ?

Diazépam et autres Benzodiazépines, out on Diazepam. Ecoute La Merde is in perpetual evolution, like an entity. With its own stages...


05 How do you record ? (live, sequencing, multi-tracking etc..)

My recording studio is located in the basement of a psychiatric hospital, where I record only live and direct to tape. And I never listen back to what I've done.

06 What is your favorite piece of gear ?

Reel to Reel players and Ibanez DL 10.

07 Do you play live ? How is it different from your releases ?

Iplay live often and I enjoy touring. It's different from releases because in the studio I use much stuff (which is also large, such as organs, turntables...) and on tour, I have to select efficient stuff which is not too heavy. That's the main point. On the other hand, I have to say I'm shy about connecting with the audience when I play under the ECOUTE LA MERDE monicker, and I think I have to make something fast, agressive and brutal. No more than 5 minutes time. This is different from the other bands I play in.

08 Who would you like to collab / make a split with ?

Someone I don't know, in order to discover him or her.

09 Do you listen to other types of sound/music ? Which ones ?

Every kind of music (really), from french 60's pop to blues, classical music, Enka, hip-hop, Russian balalaïka, goregrind, glitch, power electronics, black metal, ... no limit.

10 What is your favorite record at the moment ?

Jojo Hiroshige / Shiraishi Tamio - Enka Mood Collection - An'archives

Mare Di Dirac Tupilaq - Greytone

Oxidised Razor / Olocausto - Rotteness Live 2012 / Necrobsessive Neurosis - United Guttural Records / SBRT Records / Rampant Thrush Records

The Underground Pollution website is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment