Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Static Park Questionnaire 01 - Wram

Wram


01 What is your name / age / nationality ?

Alexey Weselow, 40, Russian.

02 How did you get into noise ?

When I was 18 years old, I played the drums in punk-rock bands : Los Parasitos and MozgolomЫ (sic!!). Then I studied Russian philology at the university, got married, had a family, children, job... but I was still doing lots of varied music. A few years ago I understood that I really wanted to play noise, so I got pedals and started.

03 How did you choose the name of your project / What does it mean to you ?

When I went to the university I had a great interest in dead Indo-European languages (Hittite and  Tokharian). The  Tokharian word ''wram'' has two meanings : first it can mean ''thing'' (Sache, Res) second, locativus of war (water) / in the water. Also, wram written on brahmi looks beautiful.

04 Which one of your releases would make the best entry point into your work ?

I think it would be Mutisme (my first release). But frankly speaking I don't make any difference between my works.


05 How do you record ? (live, sequencing, multi-tracking etc..)

For Wram it's only live. I use radio, audioplayer and contact mics.

06 What is your favorite piece of gear ?

I like the Zvex Fuzz Factory.

07 Do you play live ? How is it different from your releases ?

I played live only as Parpita. It was noisy, merry and nervous.

08 Who would you like to collab / make a split with ?

With any of your projects really. (note from Static Park : you're too kind!)

09 Do you listen to other types of sound/music ? Which ones ?

Of course. I like funeral jazz, ambient, post punk, dub. I listen to Troum, Maeror Tri, Bohren And Club Of Gore, The Cure, And Also The Trees, Scorn...

10 What is your favorite record at the moment ?

Troum - Tjukurrpa (Part One: Harmonies)
Bohren and Club Of Gore – Dolores
Astral And Shit - Subtile Corpus 

Listen to Wram HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment