Monday, June 2, 2014

Slick / Slack EP


I have been working 12 hours night shifts these days so when I had a 4 days break I focused on recording tracks for releases on nice labels who offered to do Static Park releases.. However I came up with a couple short tracks for Bandcamp.

"Slick" is an instrumental hip-hop track made out of samples. The horns and drum rolls are from Max Roach's Parisian Sketches while most of the drum shots are from Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, one of my all-time favorite album. The vocal sample is from Craig G's "Dropping Science", an old-school joint produced by Marley Marl in 1988. I made it all out of these samples and just added live electric bass on top. 
Maybe you've noticed if you're into hip-hop, but I try to mix 90's gritty boom-bap drums with more old-school, 80's samples and general feeling in my instrumentals... 
''Slack'' is a noise track with two layers, some kind of lazy crunch with LOTS of delay + feedback. The set-up is piezo mic + Fairfield 4 Eyes + MI Super Crunch Box (only for the feedback layer, with gain pushed at max) + Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy + the usual slight reverb and EQ... 
Listen / DL HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment